Bench Technician’s Assistant
Gaming Capital Group (GCG), a leading vendor in the gaming industry, is looking for a dynamic person to join our team as a Bench Technician’s Assistant. This person will be responsible for assisting our bench technician with all the peripherals that go into a gaming device operated by GCG in Oklahoma. Specifically, you will be responsible for assisting with the following:
- Perform testing of parts, components and PC boards in support of field and related issues and problems.
- Perform repairs for parts exchange inventory.
- Set up, calibrate, test and troubleshoot circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Follow prescribed test procedures and support and participate in the determining if components are repairable or need to be scrapped.
- Test and troubleshoot assemblies and/or final systems.
- Support generating detailed reports regarding testing outcomes.
- Support and participate in the analysis, repair and coaching other to repair semi-routine circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Read and translate diagrams and schematics.
- Prepare hardware modifications.
- Perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Assist with remote troubleshooting (telephone and e-email) for customers or technicians. This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Completion of a technical training course with an emphasis on electronics testing and repair preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Basic AC/DC knowledge, PC and soldering skills required
- Must have networking skills
- Good organizational skills are a plus
- Willing to work overtime when needed and able to work well under pressure
- Must have advanced basic knowledge of/skills with machine troubleshooting, machine configuration and build processes, components, instruments and mechanical assembly repair, computer literacy (MS Office), basic to intermediate applied electrical and mechanical engineering, testing equipment use and set up or required testing tools
- Must be able to travel and obtain a Gaming License with applicable tribes as required
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, a review of your background investigation, and if applicable, the approval of any necessary tribal gaming license, granted by their respective gaming commission.